I changed the path to Numbers and Nationalities to make it easier to navigate to the post. I also updated the numbers by adding the data on Latin American volunteers by Gerold Gino Bauman that was published in The Volunteer in 2002.
I was finally able to complete the draft of the Biographical Dictionary. This took over a month and a half longer than anticipated, though having my computer die and having to recreate a huge amount of work set me back.
Over the next three months I will be updating all data from primary sources, adding new data from ancestry.com and additional photographs. The biographical sketches will be updated on the ALBA site.
One source of new information are scans of data from the Sandor Voros Collection housed in the Adelphi archives. I went through the scans today and will have hundreds of updates to add.
Over the last couple of nights I have been moving data from Google.docs over to new pages. This is not an elegant solution but does make most of the information accessible again.
I have less than two hundred records to complete in the draft of the biographical dictionary. By mid-August I should be able to begin posting updated biographical sketches on the ALBA site.
Due to changes that have made it difficult to share googledocs I am revamping the entire site. The site will primarily be a repository for information on Category II and III volunteers. Category I data will be on the ALBA site.